BALISOR for high-voltage lines
High-voltage lines are major hazard for low-flying aircraft. Placing beacons on pylons is not sufficient to ensure safety due to the very long spans of cable. The BALISOR® system - exclusive to OBSTA - is a beacon for high-voltage cables.
360 kV and more (standard model)
360 kV and more (with anti-vibration device)
Other voltage, consult us
Its conductor’s tapes the power required directly from the line. The system is, therefore, completely self-contained and do not requires any external power.
Our standard model of BALISOR® is a red fixed light and fall into the ICAO low intensity category. The balisor includes:
- A cold neon discharge lamp manufactured by OBSTA with typical lifetime higher than 10 years (some balisors installed near Roissy airport in 1973 are still working today).
- A set of capacitive tapings in aluminium (which depends on the voltage of the line to be protected, they are available from 60 to 550KV line)
- A set of accessories for suspension and insulation in aluminium adapted to the diameter of the cable
- Interference suppressor included.
- Vibration protection for 360KV and more